Monday, May 23, 2011

We are still here!!

Hahahahahahahaha oh has anyone been talking about the supposed end of the world? That's the only thing we can talk about because everyone is asking us about it. Yeah there are billboards everywhere, but it seems that Dominicans are a little more versed in the bible.

I am coming home the 16th (August), yes that's a for sure. October is for missionaries that entered a transfer later, and it is unlikely that I extend. The wife of my mission president said that ever since they have been here, not one missionary has asked to extend... He will be leaving in 5 weeks, and the new mission president will be here on my birthday.

I have some pictures I was going to send, but this computer doesn´t work.

We had a baptism this week. Steven and Natalia. They are two kids of a less active sister that started going to church again. It was a good baptism, in spite of the fact that it was pouring rain and we started an hour later, because we had to fill the baptismal font by hand... with buckets. There were LOTS of people and it was a nice service. The parents of Josmer wanted me to baptise their son... and the dad even changed his work schedule and went to church after 10 years or so. He is a great guy, the Hermanas are doing a great job here.

Transfers, my companion is leaving. He has been here for 7 and a half months, and is ready to go. I am staying and receiving Elder Miglioris. No idea who he is.


Have a great week!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment