Monday, May 2, 2011

Hellllllo!

I apparently am disconnected to everything out there in candy land. I wonder if they are going to make it a national Holiday, Osama's capturing and death.

Anyways the work is moving along here. We had a good week getting wet and getting sick, but it´s all over now and my companion and I both got over our colds. Oh I showed a picture of Robbie to his twin Eduardo. He looked at it and laughed and said, he´s white, I´m black. I laughed my head off. He promised us he was going to go to church this week, and even bought an alarm, but for some reason didn´t show up. We are bummed. He is currently looking for another job. He is a chef at a restaurant and here. There aren´t labor laws, so he works 16 hours a day, no vacation and only gets paid for 8 of the 16 hours he works. They don't feed him at work, and it´s very fast pace and there are no breaks. I really feel for the poor guy. He is really suffering and really wants to have a child, but his wife always has complications with the pregnancy. But we´ll keep praying. I don´t want to give up on this man. He's my brother! haha

We also have some other people that we are teaching. They are all very interesting, and slightly crazy, but they come to church. I´m learning how to work betting with my companion. He is a good guy and has good intentions. Sometimes it takes times to know how to utilize those things. Did I tell you he will be turning 27 this next week? I feel like a little kid sometimes. The people on the street tell me that.

Today we went to the aquarium. It was pretty cool. We ran into some missionaries and took some pictures and stuff by the Mar. I forgot my cable so I can´t send them, but i´ll try me best next week!

OK I love you all. Have a great week.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment