Monday, January 10, 2011

Hello, hello, hello!

Well we did it! Yay one more soul, entered in the waters of baptism. It was a great baptismal service. Jhoanna was happy and she is in good hands, living with her aunt who is a returned missionary.

We´ve been having lots of interesting learning experiences. On Friday, Francisco´s only full brother passed away. We went and saw him and talked a little bit. I´ve never met a kinder, more honest man in my life. He was sad to lose his brother, but very positive. Many people who aren´t religious have a hard time ignoring the presence of a supreme being when they lose a close friend or relative. The interesting thing is that 99 percent of the people here say they believe in God and Jesus Christ. All we try to do is help the people that say they believe, actually do something with that belief. I´ve really learned that who we are has very very little to do with what we say we are, or just what we say in general.

But Poor Francisco almost has lost everything now. He was kicked out of his house a few weeks ago. He had to sell his car and almost everything he owned. He sold his last possession he had, a bus that his son used to work on, to try to save the life of his brother. That man really understands things that others don´t. Please pray for him, he could use some comfort.

We have been meeting new people and new families. We are also still teaching Hilda and Domingo. He has almost stopped smoking, and tomorrow they are going to finally operate on his had to try to reconnect the tendons to his thumb and pointer finger. They still have a long ways to go, but often come to church. I decided to finally give a challenge to the family to read the Book of Mormon from start to finish. In two days they had read almost 14 chapters, which is more than anyone I had ever before seen read it.

Sorry if I write weird things. My companion always makes fun of my English because it´s starting to get a little mixed with Spanish stuff. He is very proper, and talks like someone from the 1800's. I tell him he just talks weird.

I really did like the book. I was surprised to open it, and it started talking to me. But very neat, and will be fun to save through the years.

Ok well that's all for this week! I hope you all get healthy. Haha lots of people are getting sick with the cold streak that came though. I think it even got down to 68ยบ, but it heated up and now we are sweating again, so everything is ok.

Love you all
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment