Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Christmas!

Well it´s Christmas time and my companion and I are definitely rockin' around the Christmas tree. We have a little tree that sings and dances that an old missionary left behind. We´ve been entertaining ourselves with it.

Well this weekend we Had 10 TEN baptisms planned, but of course, more than half bailed last second.... Sunday was a rough day to not see many of them in church. In the mission you go through the lowest of lows it feels. BUT it just makes me feel like I am getting stronger.

I don´t know if I am superstitious, afraid to count my chickens before they hatch or what, but I will send pictures and tell all the cool stories about those who get baptised.. after it happens.

We´ve been walking a ton trying to reanimate the families, find out why once again they have left us hanging, and keep them happy and excited so they can get baptised a week later. It´s hard to get attached to the people, and care for them so much, just to have to drop them the week after. I really am learning I only have 1 person that I can rely on right now and that's God. A real growing experience.

The streets are lighting up here as well. Some put up lights, for Christmas. The tradition here in to have a big dinner on the 24th, It´s called “Nochebuena”. The Good Night.

We´ve been trying to decide what to do with Domingo and Hilda, because Domingo has a real history. Every time we talk to them they seem more and more interested in getting married. We went and taught them on Saturday morning, and at the end of the lesson we knelt down, and Domingo prayed for the first time. He said a real sincere prayer, and mentioned how he wanted help to be able to get married now, and not wait. When he finished he just knelt there with his head hanging down. We knew he had felt something, and he was ashamed to show us that he had. We have hopes for them. There is still much work to do, but we have seen a difference. Unfortunately the family didn´t go to church because they had to work..

We have been teaching this couple Ramona and Jhonaton. They are a younger couple with two of the cutest kids. One is 4 and the other 5. They always make me laugh. The couple has had some rough times, and have even split up, but got back together, only for the kids so they could have a mom and a dad. They are very noble for doing that. They are still split up, but live in the same home. They want to get married, but just can´t yet. We taught them the simple principle of prayer, and now the two pray together every day. We have seen a difference, and Ramona told us it had made a big difference.

It´s fascinating that such a simple thing can make such a difference. I´ve noticed that in my own life. It may seem silly to some but it really is just reading your scriptures, going to church every Sunday, and really praying with your father in heaven, that solves problems. It brings us some of the greatest joy in this life. It´s interesting how I had to cross land and sea and live thousands of miles away from family, and leave all the comforts of home, and everything behind, to learn what I had already learned in Primary.

But I will be looking forward to talking to you all on the 25th! I can call either in the morning between 8 and 10, 1 to 3 or after 9 my time, whatever you prefer! I don´t remember my cell phone number, but yes I will be calling from my cell phone.

OK have a super week!

Love you
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment