Monday, October 25, 2010

Hey!! Familia!

Good to hear from you all!

Wow, sounds like there's some real action going on in the Hollister 1st ward for sure. That makes me really happy. My mission president has been teaching the members here to take care of the missionaries, not by inviting over for dinner, but instead giving them referrals of their friends!

There were transfer calls this week, and you guessed it right, I´m heading out! I loved this area, and had a great time,and success, but it is time for me to go. Today I´m going to take a million pictures. I'm going to Santo Domingo now, Las Palmares. Actually my old companion Elder Pimentel is there right now and I´m taking his spot. I´m looking forward to the change.

We finished here with the baptism of Billy, the nephew of Robert, who was baptised 4 months ago. It was a small little baptism, but nice. Billy is a really REALLY smart kid, 11 years old, he reads the Book of Mormon every day, and is really mature for his age. I´ll send some pictures.

My companion is really doing well now. He has learned tons of Spanish, and really focused on the work and learned to love this place. He will be a great missionary,

Oh, we´ve been teaching this really cool family of 8, Familia Cruz. Lorenzo the dad is a shoe man.He actually was the one that fixed my shoes. He wants to raise his children in a good environment. He believes in Jesus Christ, and actually belonged to another church, but had a bad experience so now he is looking again for a place to attend church. There is lots of hope for success. He needs to get married, but that is done easily here. It´s amazing the people that live together without commitment, and just separate when things get rough. So many single moms, and kids without a mom or dad. It´s insane. I've really learned the importance of those types of commitments.

That's all for this week. Have a great Halloween, and Happy Birthday MOM!!!

Love you
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment