Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Super Duper Bien!

Uhh I don't know what flight numbers. I fly American Airlines... leave Salt Lake at 8:30AM to San Antonio, I can't remember if I told you, but I don't fly with my companion.. which is strange.
And don't worry about sending me emails, they are really great, but if you do just keep them short, and send me letters, if you want to hear more from me.

This week has been Super DUper Bien! That's our new favorite district word. Ask Robbie if he Knows a Benjamin Stocking. The chances are rare I know but he goes to BYU, And also teaches at the MTC. We all agree he is amazing. I was sad to say bye to him and my other teachers, but I'm just really excited to leave for the DR. Hmo Stocking on Monday did this amazing piano music thingy for all of us. HE arranged it the last 3 months of his mission, and went all around the Zone playing firesides and such for all the members and elders. So anyway it's a compilation of hymns and songs, and it was so beautiful. We were all cry babies after hearing it. I've never been Rocked by music so much before.

I'm really learning how important and powerful music can be! And I guess I've discovered I have another talent! I can make a really good squirrel noise! no jk. But really I wanted to sing in sacrament meeting for some weird meeting, so Elder Hardester from San Jose (who I was in the same cabin with at Zions camp years ago) and a few other elders put together a song with I senior te necesito, venid a mi, and I Know That My Redeemer Lives, and with all kinds of fancy stuff. And we were able to get our message across too! It was a great experience to be able to do that. I have a feeling I'll be singing a LOT more on my mission. What a great way to share the gospel eh?

Well I'm just about out of time. I'll have to tell you the story some other time of how my companion and I talked this lady out of committing suicide and to see the missionaries instead.

The Gospel is true, and I've already seen it change people! Ok Gotta go! I love you all!!

-Elder Shattuck

No comments:

Post a Comment